Meet the Manager
Suzanne Stephen is Manager at Summers Inverurie.
Hi, my name is Suzanne Stephen and I have worked for Summers since they took over Wee Rascals nursery, Kintore in 2009. I began my career in childcare in September 2002 when I attended Aberdeen college for 2 years to study Childcare & Education.
I then got my first job at Wee Rascals Nursery in March 2005 where I began as a nursery assistant, I then gained my SVQ Level 3 and became a Nursery Nurse. After a while i was then promoted to Nursery Supervisor and lastly Room Leader in the 0-2 Room as well as being the Assistant Manager. Then in December 2019 I got the great opportunity to become Nursery Manager here at Summers in Inverurie.
As Nursery Manager it is my job to ensure the nursery is a safe, fun and happy place for the children, staff, parents and carers alike. My team here at Inverurie show great commitment to the nursery, and implement the Pre-birth to Three and the Curriculum for Excellence on a daily basis by observing the children and using next steps to plan age and stage appropriate activities throughout each day.
Suzanne's Qualifications Include:
- SVQ 2 in Childrens Care Learning & Development
- SVQ 3 in Childrens Care Learning & Development
- SVQ 4 in Childrens Care Learning & Development
Many of the team at Inverurie have been with us since our first year of opening.
- Our 0-2 years room is led by Melanie Adam, who is also our Assistant Manager. Working alongside Mel we have Lilian McCallum (Nursery Practitioner), Gmma Kynoch (Nursery Practitioner), Amanda McGrath (Nursery Practitioner) and Michaela Ure (Support Worker - working towards her SVQ Level 3)
- Our 2-3 years room is led by Joanne Noble. Working alongside Joanne we have Rebecca Bruce (Nursery Practitioner).
- Our 3-5 years room is led by Lauren Donald. Working alongside Lauren we have Krista Wilkin (Nursery Practitioner), Laura Duguid (Nursery Practitioner) and Adele Mortimer (Support Worker - working towards SVQ Level 3)
We also have relief staff - Jodi Douglas, AimeeScott and Anne Thompson, you may see their faces around the rooms when helping with holiday/sick cover.
All the team at Inverurie take great delight in organising outings, charity events and sports days, and pride themselves as being very much part of the local Inverurie community.